The terms Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 stand for the growing trend to equip products with their own intelligence to take some of the weight off the user's shoulders.
The ArtistaMEDIA-III baseboard with the latest Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3) is the perfect basis for cost-effective IoT and Industry 4.0 applications, offering:
- a powerful BCM2837 QuadCore processor with 1.2 GHz
- a 1920x1200 scaler chip with full OSD menu range (just as PrismaMEDIA-eco) and
- a real-time clock
Almost all popular TFT displays as well as PCAP touch screens with either I²C or USB interface can be directly connected and enable a wide range of solutions for a variety of applications:
- SmartGrid (monitoring and control of vending machines)
- Gateway to Middleware
- Facility management (Data acquisition and monitoring of e.g. temperature, sensors, access control etc.)
Please contact us; We are happy to help!
Artista-IoT: Intelligent Networking of Devices
The Artista-IoT TFT Controller can be easily adapted to the specific requirements of your application.
Voice of a customer: "My tests with the Artista-IoT are very conclusive, it's an amazing product !!"
Bring your product to the Internet of things!
Artista-IoT's most important facts at a glance:
- Almost all TFT displays up to 1920x1200 directly supported
- Special functions like DICOM pre-set, gamma correction, color calibration possible
- Artista-IoT starter kit available (Raspbian)
- Linux based distribution with open-source Yocto
- High Tech in the smallest of spaces: Raspberry PI Compute Module (CM3)
- 4GB internal eMMC Flash (optional: 8GB / 16GB) and thus for many applications no SD card necessary
- 100 Mbps Ethernet
- WiFi via Dongle
- Real-time clock
- USB, GPIO, I²C, UART
- Auto-start at power on
- Option: industrial Android 7.x
- Scratch und Python running
- Long-term availability: at least 6 years
- Compatibility with the Raspberry Pi ensures the broad support of a large developer community
- Raspbian support
- Customized solutions can be implemented quickly on a project basis
(Driver integration: as an engineering service we offer the software integration of I²C and Linux drivers into your system)
Operating systems and software for Artista-IoT
Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian and optimized for the Raspberry Pi Compute Module. This operating system provides all the basic programs that get your Raspberry Pi started and additional precompiled software for easy installation on your Compute module. The large Raspberry Pi developer community provides support via the forum.
The Emteria operating system provides industrial Android™ for our Artista IoT. Quickly installed and based on AOSP 7.1, it simplifies your development process and is the perfect basis for all types of human-machine interaction. Emteria includes all major enhancements and security updates and is backward compatible.
Based on our BaseBoard with Raspberry Pi, we developed the network player VideoPoster-IV. It is full HD capable and plays various media files either from the 3GB internal flash memory or from a microSD card. Videos are either transmitted via Ethernet or USB. An FTP connection is also possible.
The info-beamer software was developed specifically for all types of digital signage applications and also supports the Artista IoT with info-beamer hosted. The software is installed fast and easily, offering a variety of options from synchronized video walls, via conference room management, to electronic public transport timetables.
Artista-IoT Starter Kit
Please click here for a video of our American sister company Apollo Displays on the Artista-IoT Starter Kit
The Artista-IoT starter kit helps developers implement a project quickly and easily. Thanks to pre-installed Raspbian, the support of the huge community can be used.
The Kit consists of:
- 10.1" TFT display with
- 500cd/m² brightness
- Integrated backlight converter
- Wide viewing angle of v/h 170°/170°
- Operating temperature range from -20 to +70°C
- Multi-touch PCAP touch screen
- Artista-IoT with integrated Raspberry Pi Compute Module CM3
- Pre-installed Raspbian
- Connection cable
A clear and modern user interface is of great importance for TFT displays in all applications. With the ArtistaGUI-II you can reach this goal easily and quickly. In our two videos we show you how quickly.
This video shows how to quickly and easily create an individual, complex graphical user interface for Artista-IoT applications with Embedded Wizard
This video shows how to quickly and easily create an individual, complex graphical user interface for Artista-IoT applications with QML / QT