In close strategic and technical co-operation with the Japanese Taica-Group Distec GmbH developed their own optical bonding production process: VacuBond®.
Vacuum bonding (also direct dry optical bonding) allows for a zero optical defect production and provides perfect material stability without yellowing. Also modern sleek TFT displays, which do not feature a sturdy bezel, can be bonded with this fully automated production process without any problems.
Please click here for a VacuBond® video of our US sister company Apollo Displays Technology.
We solely process the Taica high-performance OPTα-GEL® silicone (based on the silicone by Wacker Asahikasei Silicone Co., Ltd. - Wacker Chemie AG), which was developed especially for optical bonding. It features an operating temperature range of -40 to + 120°C and shows no yellowing. UV curing, which can cause stress is not necessary.
Optical bonding increases the strength and resiliance of the TFT Display; the high tech OPTα-GEL® counteracts vibration resonances and dissipates shock energy to the sides
- The shock resistance was proven by drop-ball tests. The video shows drop ball tests with a smart phone: The first one with an OPTα-GEL® protective film, the second one without protective film.
- bonding of
- all TFT displays, e-papers and OLEDs in sizes up to 32"
- all shapes: round, square, rectangular
- cover glasses on TFT displays with integrated PCAP touch
- touch screens of all technologies and/or protective glass
- PMMA/acrylic glass
- modern TFT displays without solid frame / housing
- of the pure TFT cell without bezel
- the rear of the TFT cell to eliminate free air spaces
- ("free air exclusion bonding" respectively „Void exclusion“ bonding for ATEX – IECEx - certification)
- direct bonding into your housing / bezel
We are offering VacuBond® as a production service for any available display, no matter if it is part of our standard product range or not.
We provide samples in any size up to 32" within a few days. In order to be even faster and more precise, we create the tools for sample productions on our own 3D printer.
The FORTEC AG has three identical VacuBond® production facilities: at Distec GmbH Germering, at Apollo Display Technologies in Ronkonkoma, NY / USA and at Alltronic GmbH in Pilsen in the Czech Republic. Thus we ensure a reliable supply of the rising demand and maximize our comprehensive risk management for you. At these 3 locations we work with identical machines, identical tools and of course with the identical Taica OPTα-GEL®.
The strength of VacuBond® dry optical bonding becomes evident in the bonding of electronic paper, which, in contrast to TFT displays, has no mechanically stable structure and no bezel. The high-tech silicone OPTαGEL® securely connects the e-paper with a protective glass or foils to a unit. The smooth surface of the e-paper is susceptible to scattered light and reflections, which is further enhanced by the air gap between the e-paper and a tape-bonded protective glass. The OPTαGEL® fills this air gap, reduces reflections, prevents the ingress of moisture and dirt and ensures a high-contrast display of the e-paper contents. In addition to a protective glass, we also bond foils that evenly distribute the light of the front lighting. Of course, the e-paper bonding process is reversible, too.
As a medium-sized company, we specialize in order quantities of approx. 25,000 pieces / year, but also co-operate with OEMs:
- We install a complete bonding system on site (identical to ours)
- We supply the latest machine control
- We train the partners in constructing the production tools
- We train the production team on the basis of current bondings