Vacuum Bonding & Assembly / Laminating
In close strategic and technical co-operation with the Japanese Taica - Group the Data Display Group developed their own optical bonding production process: VacuBond®.
Vacuum bonding (also direct dry optical bonding) allows for a zero optical defect production and provides perfect material stability (no yellowing). Also modern sleek TFT displays can be bonded with this fully automated production process without any problems.
Please click here for a VacuBond® video of our US branch Apollo Displays Technology.
- bonding of
- all TFT displays, e-papers and OLEDs in sizes up to 32"
- cover glasses on TFT displays with integrated PCAP touch
- touch screens of all technologies and/or protective glass
- PMMA/acrylic glass
- modern TFT displays without solid frame / housing
- of the pure TFT cell without bezel
- the rear of the TFT cell to eliminate free air spaces
- ("free air exclusion bonding" respectively „Void exclusion“ bonding for ATEX – IECEx - certification)
- direct bonding into your housing / bezel
VacuAssembly / Laminating enables:
laminating all kind of glasses (also PMMA and Acryl) and touchscreens of all technologies up to 32". In contrast to autoclave laminating (often > 100°C) the VacuAssembly process takes place at room temperature and avoids laminating beyond the specified temperature range of the components.
- Touchscreen - glass
- glass - glass
- Touchscreen - PMMA / Acryl
- multi layer construction (eg. EMI pane - touchscreen - glass)
Advantages of optical bonding:
- Improved readability without increased power consumption:
By eliminating the air gaps between the TFT display and the cover glass/touch, the light refraction is reduced and the contrast increased significantly
- No condensation or fogging:
Optical bonding avoids the air gap between the panes of glass - moisture cannot penetrate
- No contamination:
Optical bonding avoids the air gap between the panes of glass - dust and dirt cannot penetrate
- The danger of splintering glass is considerably reduced by the full-surface fixing / bonding with the high-adhesive Opto-Gel
- High Vibration and shock resistance:
Optical bonding increases the strength and resiliance of the TFT Display; the high tech optoGel counteracts vibration resonances and dissipates shock energy to the sides
- The shock resistance was proven by drop-ball tests. The video shows drop ball tests with a smart phone: The first one with an Opto-gel protective film, the second one without protective film.
- Improved heat Dissipation (up to factor 8):
By eliminating the isolating air gap between the panes of glass, heat can dissipate trough the front glass
- Reversible process:
we can re-bond e.g. for repair,which means no loss of expensive material
Together with our customers a wide variety of certifications in agricultural machinery, automation, automotive, avionics, MIL, ourdoor and railway were carried out successfully.
VacuBond® video from our american subsidiary Apollo
Bonding service and quick sample delivery
We are offering VacuBond® as a production service for any available display, no matter if it is part of our standard product range or not.
We provide samples in any size up to 32" within a few days. In order to be even faster and more precise, we create the tools for sample productions on our own 3D printer.
The Data Display Group has three identical VacuBond® production facilities at its headquarters in Germering, its site in Ronkonkoma, NY / USA and in Pilsen in the Czech Republic. Thus we ensure a reliable supply of the rising demand and maximize our comprehensive risk management for you.
Tempering / Pre-Aging Service
By means of software-controlled temperature programs, we can now expose modules up to a diagonal of 60.96 cm (24 inches) to temperatures ranging from +30 to + 300°C.
Long-term programs and complex experiments over several days are also possible.
The heat treatment detects possible weak points on the products due to simulated strong strain and thus helps to prevent breakdowns in the field. We are happy to check your product according to your temperature requirements.