Together with Tanvas, Inc. we offer ready-made industrial touch monitors with software-defined tactile textures and haptic effects on the touch surface.
Previous technologies for implementing haptic feedback on touchscreens, such as electromechanical and vibrotactile haptics, are not suitable for fixed, IP-protected HMIs because these technologies require a certain amount of movement for the front glass. The innovative TanvasTouch solution, on the other hand, uses electroadhesion and therefore does not require moving parts. Here, the frictional resistance of the surface is influenced by locally defined electrical fields. These changes in resistance can then be felt as fine textures, edges and bumps.
Advantages with this technology:
- The versatility of displays and the haptic advantages of mechanical keys combined in our monitors
- Haptic Touch is easy to integrate and does not create additional complexity in the system
- slim, front-protected IP65 stainless steel housing
- tactile structures can be displayed on the touchscreen
- Different haptic zones on one surface
- Can also be used in conjunction with pressure-dependent haptics to prevent unwanted operations or actions when zones are palpated
- Electroadhesion-based surface haptics eliminate problems caused by vibration, air gaps or structural limitations
TanvasTouch is available on Distec's 10.1" POS-PRO monitors and panel PCs. All sizes from 7" to 15.6" will gradually follow. Other sizes are available on a project basis.
Effects are generated by vibration
Touch sensor and haptic actuator are separated
Moves the entire surface
New dimension through haptic feedback
TanvasTouch surface haptics offers a new dimension of interaction by bringing software-defined tactile textures to flat surfaces.
It can be incorporated into any touch-sensitive product in many application areas, including automotive, consumer electronics and custom displays.