Distec, with its headquarters in Germering, near Munich and a plant in Hörselberg-Hainich, near Eisenach is an international provider of individual components and complete solutions in the fields of display technology and embedded computing for professional customers in all industries. We are a member of the FORTEC Group with access to products, services and expertise of a large high-tech company network.
We differentiate ourselves from our global competitors through the following core competencies:
- we deliver optically bonded samples of any complexity within 8 working days
- Customized monitors can be sampled within 6 weeks
- longstanding know-how
- We have been developing complex graphics cards and monitors for more than 25 years, among other things
- in-house development, design and production from the very beginning
- Flat hierarchies with clear decision assignments allow fast project implementation
- individual, cost-optimized products for our customers
- We develop completely customized solutions that are perfectly adapted to the needs of our customers.
- Depending on the requirement profile, we then select the optimal production location from our international company network.
Our business portfolio comprises:
- Development and manufacturing of industrial monitors for various fields of application, amongst which: public displays, fireload sensitive areas, video walls, shop windows with high light irradiation or any industrial applicationVideo Posters.
- Development and manufacturing of industrial TFT display controllers for standard video signals such as RGB, DVI HDMI or Display Port, entry level SBCs and industrial media players with with ARM-based technologies.
- Delivery of TFT displays fully equipped with touch components, cables, power supplies and ready-to-use LCD Kits.
- Design, manufacture and delivery of customised LCD Display solutions. This service includes everything from mechanical design for customer projects, hardware and software development and Touch integration, to manufacture and staging in our own facilities.
- VacuBond® Optical Bonding of the latest generation: in our clean room we optically bond touchscreens and/or protective glass on TFT displays up to 32". We offer a zero-optical defect production and can bond directly into your housing or eliminate free air spaces within the TFT for ex-protected areas.
- Distribution and development of industrial embedded boards and systems, plug and play board-display kit solutions including all accessories and with many options such as customized BIOS and operating system.
The engineers in our Research & Development centers in Germering and Eisenach as well as at our sister company Apollo in the USA have many years of experience with LCD Panels and a firm focus on future technology in the field.
We are specialised in complete, customer-specific solutions in all areas from mechanics, Touch-integration, hardware and software development to manufacture and installation.
We maintain amongst the biggest stocks of LCD panels worldwide at our facilities in Germany and at our sister company Apollo in the USA.
We develop all of our products in accordance with industrial Quality standards. We attach the greatest importance to high-value components, resilient under the most demanding conditions of use, and with long-term availability. In the event it should be necessary, our ISO 9000-certified Service Centre guarantees a quick and reliable turn-around for returned goods.
Nature is the foundation of our livelihood, and as a consequence, environmental protection is core to our business. We develop energy-saving products; seek designs that take the environment into consideration, (for example: we refuse to use tantalum capacitors) and implement resource-saving processes wherever possible. Protection of our environment was even at the forefront of our HQ building renovations: thanks to modern building management and future-proof heating technology we have no need for fossil fuels.